Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Late Date

An awesome friend and Mum of 9 in our last ward shared with us a booklet she wrote called "Brotherly Love ".
One of the activities we love is the "late date "
One brother gets to stay up late with Mum and prepare a treat for the other brother.
We like to have a late date each holiday.
Gils turn last night and he came up with a great idea for Fletch, who loves choc ripple cake.
Gils idea..a choc ripple in the shape of the letter "F".
so... a yummy breakie and hopefully learning to love and serve one another :)
























(maybe a bit early for photos guys ...sorry ..but just loved this idea of the letter "F")
love you
Mum xo :)

5 comments:

Nikki said...

What a cool idea. The "F" looks great and I bet it tasted YUMMO.
Oh and how cool to met fast Ed from Better Homes and Gardens!! :)

Suzi said...

It's UNCANNY that you should be doing this. I was just saying to Steve the other night that I wanted to instill in our kids a love for eachother. I thought doing a once a month good deed/thoughtful gift from one child to the other (with our help) would be great.

Phew, maybe I'm getting on the right track..

Carli said...

Oh isn't she just the best! She's started some little parenting classes (and told us some stories about you too my love). I am gaining some invaluable information (and kinda proud of myself for implementing some of this stuff four years ago and seeing it work!)

Elle said...

thats awesome! Good thinking Gil! No doubt it was the BEST breakfast EVER!!!

Bride said...

Finally got back onto you blog!Thanks for the emails.
great to catch up on what you guys have been up to. Love your new family tradition, great idea x